- explains why we need to protect adults at risk of harm;
- gives the public information about the adult support and protection law;
- explains how to report an incident of harm.
If you work with adults at risk of harm, we hope that the site will help you to:
- raise awareness about the need to protect adults who may be at risk of harm;
- understand your legal responsibilities;
- identify situations where you could help to prevent an adult from being harmed in the future;
- print and pass on information to people who may not be able to access the website themselves;
- keep abreast of relevant news and events;
- access information about the North Lanarkshire Adult Protection Committee.
If you or someone you know is being harmed, you must tell someone. Use the contact details on the right to call your local office during office hours or the Social Work Emergency Service at any other time. If someone is in immediate danger, call 999.