The Chief Executive is responsible for making sure that the priorities of the council are delivered. This includes ensuring that the relevant arrangements are in place, internally and with partners, that budgets and staff are configured to support this and that appropriate performance and governance arrangements are in place to deliver services.
He is supported to achieve this by three Assistant Chief Executives and a Chief Accountable Officer.
The council provides many services for the public, some are regulatory or statutory functions required by law:
- Regulatory services and waste solutions
- Corporate property and procurement
- Environmental Assets
- Housing Solutions
- Planning and Regeneration
- Resources Solutions
- Education (Skills, Lifelong Learning and Youth Employment)
- Education Services (Standards and Inclusion)
- Legal and Democratic Solutions
- Financial Solutions
- Organisational Development and People Solutions
- Revenue and E-Government Solutions
- Corporate Communications