Area registration service
We have eight registration offices located throughout North Lanarkshire
Our core function is to provide a statutory service on behalf of the Registrar General for Scotland, namely the registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages, the performance of Civil marriages/Civil Partnerships and the provision of advice and guidance on registration matters. We also offer Renewal Ceremonies and Naming Ceremonies.
In addition, on behalf of Learning and Leisure Services, we clerk Attendance Councils and Education Appeal Committees, administer the Employment of Children byelaws and provide a range of additional services in relation to school attendance.
9 am to 5 pm closed 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm
9 am to 4 pm closed 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm
(Chryston Registration District)
Registration business by appointment. To arrange an appointment please call Cumbernauld registration office on 01236 616390
Registration business by appointment. To arrange an appointment please call Motherwell registration office on 01698 302206
From Monday 27 April 2015 the Registration Office currently located at Burngreen Health Centre, Kilsyth G65 0HY will be relocating to premises within Kilsyth First Stop Shop at Parkfoot Street, Kilsyth G65 9AA. The Registration business will remain unchanged. Registration business by appointment. To arrange an appointment please call Cumbernauld registration office on 01236 616390
|Out of Hours/Emergency||Please call 07985 330 371|
Exceptions to the normal hours of business are public holidays and emergency arrangements.
We work to the following standards:
- We will explain clearly the services we provide
- We will set high standards for our work
- We will tell you what the standards are and how we perform against the standards
- We will ensure the information you give to us will be treated in the strictest confidence. You can be assured that it will not be passed to anyone who is not entitled by law to receive it
- We aim to treat you the way we like to be treated - fairly and sensitively
- We will interview you in private when registering Births; Deaths and Marriages
- We will, on request, explain clearly the legal requirements pertaining to the registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- We aim to answer all telephone calls within 6 rings.
- We will respond to all correspondence on the day we receive it
- We will see you as soon as possible when you arrive at a Registration Office. We aim to ensure that you will wait no longer than 10 minutes. If you are kept waiting we will explain the reason for the delay
- We aim to produce Certificates on the same working day. We will produce Certificates of Births, Deaths and Marriages within 2 working days, provided all documentation is in order and fees are paid
- We will clearly state our fees, and there will be no hidden charges
- We will listen when you tell us about problems and
- We will put issues under our control right quickly.
Joint Working Arrangements
Association of Registrars
Meet three times each year to discuss current and future issues impacting on registration.
We recognise mail addressed to deceased persons can cause distress. Following consultation with all Council Services arrangements will come into effect from December 2005 for death informants to complete a mandate authorising us to inform Council departments of the death so departments databases are updated as quickly as possible. This option is voluntary for customers.
National Records of Scotland
We work with the National Records of Scotland to ensure all Registration legislation is implemented. We participate in working groups established by the Registrar General to discuss and plan for implementation for new legislation.
We liaise with the Home Office to ensure all necessary arrangements are in place for Citizenship Ceremonies.
We liaise with NHS Doctors to minimise errors on death certificates. We supply local hospitals with envelopes containing information on how to register a death in Scotland.
We liaise with hotel managers and staff to ensure arrangements are in place for conduct of ceremonies in approved places.
We ensure local Police Stations have contact telephone numbers for emergency registrations
Our customers are issued with Birth and Death Wallets free of charge supplied by Lifecycle.
Registration Networking Group
We meet quarterly with representatives of Registration services throughout Scotland to share best practice and participate in benchmarking exercises.
We provide Schools with supplies of Employment Permit packs for children.
We ensure local undertakers have telephone numbers for emergency registrations.
We want our services to be excellent but we know that sometimes things can go wrong. If they do we want you to tell us.
Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any questions. For more information, see 'related pages', 'downloads' or 'other useful websites'
Airdrie Area Office/RegistrationCorporate ServicesWillowbank House
37 Alexander Street
ML6 OBAPhone: 01236 758080
Bellshill Area Office/RegistrationCorporate Services20/22 Motherwell Road
ML4 1RBPhone: 01698 346780
Coatbridge Area Office/RegistrationCorporate Services126 Main Street
ML5 3BJPhone: 01236 856430
Cumbernauld Area Office/RegistrationCorporate ServicesCouncil Offices
G67 1DZPhone: 01236 616390
Kilsyth Registration Office
Moodiesburn Registration Office
Motherwell Area Office/RegistrationCorporate ServicesCivic Centre
ML1 1ABPhone: 01698 302206
Shotts Registration Office