Housing repairs

Report a repair to your council house

To report a non-emergency housing repair, you can:

  • Complete an online form.
  • Call the 24-hour Customer Contact Centre on 0800 678 1166.
  • Visit your local housing office.

 Report a repair using an online form

We carry out various types of repairs to tenanted properties. All works are given a timed priority:

  • Emergency works (danger to life, security or property) - three hours to attend and remove danger.
  • Urgent works (covers all non-emergency urgent routine type works) - three working days to complete repair.
  • Routine works (covers all non emergency repair works) - 20 working days to complete repair.
  • Repairs to empty/void houses (to bring the property up to a set standard) - 3 or 10 days working days depending on property condition.

Please use the 'related pages' to view information on about the following:

  • Water/Waste
  • Power cuts and damaged electrical equipment
  • Gas and solid fuel central heating and hot water repairs
  • Gas leaks
  • Emergency repairs

Once we receive your report, you will receive a letter giving details of what has been issued, who the contractor is that will carry out the works and time scales for the works to be done. Every attempt will be made to arrange appointments with tenants for routine type works.

On this letter you will also see that you can now complete your customer satisfaction forms online. You can now access an online version of the form using the links on the right of this page, however don't worry if you would prefer a paper version of the form we can still send you one upon request. Customer feedback is an important tool for us to help improve the service you receive, therefore, as a thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey, you will be entered into a prize draw with the chance of winning £50 in shopping vouchers.

Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any questions. For more information, see 'related pages', 'downloads' or 'other useful websites'.