Sign up to email alerts and stay in touch with the latest news from Housing.
Report a repair to your council house
To report a non-emergency housing repair, you can:
Complete an online form.
Report it using the NLC Local mobile app.
Call the 24-hour Customer Contact Centre using the telephone number in the 'contact us' box.
Visit your local housing office.
We carry out various types of repairs to tenanted properties. All works are given a timed priority:
- Emergency works (danger to life, security or property) - three hours to attend and remove danger.
- Right to Repair (a Government scheme for Scottish secure tenants and short Scottish secure tenants to have small urgent repairs carried out by their landlord within a given timescale).
- Urgent works (covers all non-emergency urgent routine type works) - three working days to complete repair.
- Routine works (covers all non emergency repair works) - 20 working days to complete repair.
- Repairs to empty/void houses (to bring the property up to a set standard) - 3 or 10 days working days depending on property condition.
Please use the links below to view information about other repairs:
- Power cuts and damaged electrical equipment
- Gas and solid fuel central heating and hot water repairs
- Emergency repairs
- Tenant's Right to Repair scheme
Once we receive your report, you will receive a letter giving details of what has been issued, who will carry out the works and timescales for the works to be done. Every attempt will be made to arrange appointments with tenants for routine type works.
On this letter, you will also see that you can now complete a customer satisfaction form. If you would prefer a paper version of the form we can still send you one on request.
Customer feedback is an important tool for us to help improve the service you receive, therefore, as a thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey, you will be entered into a prize draw with the chance of winning £50 in shopping vouchers.
Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any questions. For more information, see 'related pages', 'downloads' or 'other useful websites'.