Passport to Leisure
Passport to Leisure
Discounted access to cultural and leisure in North and South Lanarkshire
The Passport to Leisure scheme gives price reductions on leisure and cultural activities in North and South Lanarkshire. Your personal photo-card and is valid for a full year from the date of purchase.
What are the benefits of Passport to Leisure membership?
Members get up to 50% off the normal adult charge for a wide range of leisure activities:
· Libraries - Reservations (charges apply to non stock items only) and CD loans;
· Parks - Allotments, putting and pitch and putt;
· Theatres - tickets for shows; and
· Community Arts - classes and courses (as specified in Arts in Action brochure)
· Strathclyde Park Water Sports - Locker key deposit, showers, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, funboats, fishing permits, formal courses, bicycle hire and orienteering maps;
Please note the Passport to Leisure card no longer covers you for sport related activities. If you would like to know about discounts for these, please use the North Lanarkshire Leisure PasSport Scheme link that appears at the right hand side of your screen.
A number of other prices will be advertised separately e.g. special promotions and group discounts.
How to join
You can join the Passport to Leisure scheme if you live in North or South Lanarkshire, are over 16 years of age and fit into one of these eligible groups:
· Unemployed Person
· Income Support
· Person Over 60
· Working Tax Credit
· Person in receipt of other state pension e.g. war pension
· Housing Benefits (Council Tax Benefit)
· Students (Full-Time Only)
· Disabled Person
· Incapacity Benefit
· Princes Trust / Invalid Care
Items which are accepted as proof for each of these are listed on the Passport to Leisure form. You can find this on the right of this screen.
How do I apply for a Passport?
To apply for the card:
1. Complete the attached form.
2. Bring the completed form, proof that you are eligible to join and a passport sized photograph to one of the joining centres along with your £2.00 joining fee. All joining centres* are detailed on the attached Passport to Leisure form.
* Please note joining centres in North Lanarkshire are now only in Libraries, First Stop Shops, Motherwell Concert Hall, Strathclyde Park and Summerlee Museum of Scottish Industrial Life.
North and South Lanarkshires' Reciprocal Agreement
Eligible residents of South Lanarkshire who join the Passport to Leisure Scheme will be able to obtain the same discounts as members of the North Lanarkshire Passport to Leisure Scheme at North Lanarkshire Council facilities.
Similarly, residents of North Lanarkshire who are eligible to join the South Lanarkshire Concession Scheme will obtain the same discounts as South Lanarkshire Council's Concession Cardholders when visiting facilities in South Lanarkshire.
Applications and further information on the South Lanarkshire Concession Scheme are available from:
· any South Lanarkshire Community Resources Office;
· One-stop-shop; or
· leisure Centre.
If you have any enquiries about the Passport to Leisure scheme please use the 'contact us' box that appears at the right-hand side of your screen .
Creative Services General EnquiriesCultureNL LtdSummerlee Museum of Scottish Industrial Life
ML5 1QDPhone: 01236 632828