Armed forces veterans
Have you just left or are about to leave the armed forces and looking to settle in North Lanarkshire?
This is a guide for the armed forces community in North Lanarkshire to access advice, information and support to help you settle into life in the region.
The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP) was created as a one-stop shop for access to information and support for the Armed Forces Community in Scotland.
ASAP is provided by the Scottish Citizens Advice Bureau Service, a highly trusted network with decades of experience delivering a free, independent, confidential and impartial advice and information service to the general public.
You can use the ASAP service if you are in one of the following groups:
- Currently serving in the Armed Forces, either Regular or Reserve, or a dependant of someone who is
- Have served in the Armed Forces, either Regular or Reserve, or a dependant of someone who has
- A member of the Merchant Navy who served in a commercial vessel in support of legally defined UK military operations, or a dependant.
If you're not sure if this service is for you, call one of the trained advisors on: 0845 231 0300
- Employment and training
- Financial advice and assistance
- Useful information for veterans