Young Scot Card
The Young Scot National Entitlement Card is available free if you are resident in Scotland and aged between 11 and 25
For information regarding recent changes to the National Entitlement Cards, please view the document Important information about the new NEC Card Design [755kb].
The card currently gives you the following benefits:
- Young Scot membership and discounts
- Young Scot rewards
- Cashless catering in all North Lanarkshire secondary schools
- Access the catering loyalty/rewards scheme in all secondary schools. If you have not already registered, you can do so online via the Web Bite link at the right hand side of this page and start collecting points and claiming prizes
- PASS accredited voluntary proof of age
- Library membership card
- Leisure membership card
- Access to future services, benefits and rewards on the National Entitlement Card
The Scotland-wide Concessionary Travel Scheme for Young People, the card also allows 16-18 year olds cheaper transport on buses, trains and ferries. You become eligible for these travel discounts on your 16th birthday and fall outside the discount scheme on your 19th birthday. The travel discount entitles the cardholder to:
- A third off adult single fares on buses all over Scotland
- A free young person's rail card, cutting up to 50% off train fares
- Two free return ferry journeys to the mainland if you live on an island
Please see the Transport Scotland link at the right hand side of this page for further information on travel discounts.
A new service on the card is online electronic payments for school meals and other payments, using sQuid (the electronic payments module available on the NEC). This solution enables school payments to be made online instead of sending cash or cheques to school. This is currently live in :
Secondary schools : St Aidan's, Wishaw; Bellshill Academy; St Ambrose and Buchanan High, Coatbridge
Primary schools : St Ignatius and Wishaw Academy, Wishaw
Future development of online payments in schools is currently being evaluated.