Request for service
What to do when your complaint isn't a complaint and is a request for service
Complaints may be made for a number of reasons, for example because of failure to provide a service or inadequate standard of service. However, a routine first time request for a service to be delivered is not a complaint, although we often receive requests of this nature through our complaints process.
There are a number of ways in which contact can be made with the council to request a service. To ensure that we deal with your request for a service as easily and quickly as possible, we have compiled the 10 most common reasons for requests for service which we often receive as complaints:
- Report a missing bin
- Report a problem with dog fouling
- Report a problem with cleanliness of streets and surrounding areas
- Report fly tipping
- Report a graffiti problem
- Request a special uplift
- Report a street lighting fault
- Report a road or footpath problem
- Report a repair required to your council house
- Council tax enquiries
Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any further questions.