We are situated in the village of Morningside approximately one mile from Newmains and have a catchment area which covers the east side of Newmains, Bonkle and the semi rural area towards the North Lanarkshire boundary near Carluke.
Built originally in 1874, the school is of traditional style, with a main hall, seven classrooms, a computer room, an office, a janitor's room, staff room and head teacher's room. There is also a small kitchen but meals are brought in from a local school. A cash cafeteria system is in place and lunches are served in the main hall.
We have a very settled dedicated teaching staff committed to achievement for all.
We are well placed to become fully inclusive for the following reasons:-
- Small school known for its welcoming ethos and pastoral care
- Building all at ground level
- Level internal accommodation with no stairs at entry point
- Secure situation
- Although semi-rural, convenient to Motherwell, Wishaw, Newmains and Shotts areas
- Separate rear entrance with ramp and rails in place
- Easy access to dining area
- Easy access to toilet areas
Staff expertise in teaching children with a variety of SEN needs
Pupils normally transfer from primary to secondary between the ages of 11.5 and 12.5 so that they will have the opportunity to complete at least four years of secondary education. Pupils from Morningside primary normally transfer to Clyde Valley High, Wishaw.
Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any questions. For more information, see 'related pages', 'downloads' or 'other useful websites'.