- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan oven / 400°F / gas mark 6. Using kitchen roll or fingers coat a baking tray with vegetable oil.
- If using frozen fish make sure it is defrosted before use.
- Rinse the salmon gently and pat dry with kitchen towel. Using a sharp knife cut the fish into approximately 10 cm strips.
- Place the flour and pepper in a bowl. In another bowl crack each egg being careful to keep the yolks in the shell (these are not required). Beat the egg whites with a whisk or fork until frothy. In a third bowl mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together.
- Coat each salmon strip in flour, pat to remove excess then dip in the egg and finally coat in breadcrumb mix.
- Place the sticks in the baking tray. Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- While the fish sticks are cooking make the dip by mixing the mayonnaise, yoghurt, mustard and herbs (if using) in a small bowl.
Top tip: Kids will enjoy coating the fish. Try a mixture of white fish and salmon sticks if they aren't used to eating salmon.
Top tip: Fish sticks & dip can both be made in advance and kept in the fridge. Cook strips when ready.