Latest service updates, advice for businesses, health information and support for parents
A one-off £130 Low Income Pandemic Payment (LIPP), will be paid to eligible households by end of October 2021 that are either:
- in receipt of Council Tax Reduction (this does not include Single Person's Discount - 25%) for at least one day during the period 1 April 2021 to 30 April 2021, or
- exempt, or
- have no liability for council tax on the following basis for at least one day during the period 1 April 2021 to 30 April 2021:
- all the occupants are under 18
- all the occupants are care leavers
- all the occupants are severely mentally impaired
- the property is unoccupied because the resident has gone to someone else's home to provide care or the resident receives care elsewhere
- all occupants are accessing housing support service and/or living in temporary accommodation or a refuge.
Application process and processing times
If you are eligible, we will write to you to let you know. If we already hold your bank details, we will make the payment directly to the account we hold for you.
If we do not have your bank details, we will write to you and invite you to apply online within 28 days of receiving our letter. If you do not apply within 28 days, the £130 will be credited to your council tax account.
We will make a decision on your application within 28 days of receipt and if successful, we will make payment to your nominated bank account or council tax account within 10 days of making a decision on your application.
If you have received a letter to apply online, please complete your application below.