Motor salvage dealers

You need to register with your local council if you are a scrap metal dealer. This is written down in the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 1964.

In Scotland, you need a licence for any premises you use for dealing in or processing scrap metal.

This is written down in section 28 of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982.

A to Z of services