Community bonfires

How to organise your own community bonfire and firework display

If you would like to organise your own community bonfire with a firework display on council property, you should apply for permission from the council at least two weeks before the event.

In the interest of public safety, we will remove any bonfire constructed, without consent, on council owned land.

To report an unauthorised or dangerous bonfire:

  • Complete an online form.
  • Monday to Thursday 08.45 - 16.45 and Friday 08.45 - 16.15 telephone Northline 01698 403110
  • outwith office hours, call Motherwell Police on 101.

The building of bonfires will be allowed in approved areas provided that guidelines are adhered to and organised by an approved Community Group. For further details and an application form please contact Land Management or download the pdf icon Bonfire Information Pack [114kb].

Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any questions. For more information, see 'related pages', 'downloads' or 'other useful websites'.

A to Z of services