Support at Home Services frequently asked questions

Useful information

Frequently asked questions

How will I recognise a North Lanarkshire Council employee?

All of our home support workers wear uniforms and all North Lanarkshire Council employees carry our ID badges - please ask to see the ID badge before letting anyone into your home. If you are at all unsure, call your local social work office to confirm the worker's identity.

What happens if my regular home support worker goes on holiday?

A relief home support worker will be allocated to assist you during the time your regular home support worker is on holiday.

What happens if I am going away (for example, into hospital or on holiday)?

You need to let us know when you are going away. You can call your local office and let them know the dates when you are on holiday or when you are going into hospital. Try and give as much notice as you can, no less than three days notice if you can manage it. Tell your home support worker as well. They can confirm your absence in case there is any confusion.

What if I need any equipment or adaptations to help me to continue to live in my home?

Call your care manager or home support manager and ask for a review of your needs. Make sure that you explain your difficulties. Your review will determine what aids or adaptations you need.

How do I make comments or complaints?

The council is committed to providing services that are accessible and relevant to the needs of service users. If you have a specific complaint about the service you have received please contact your home care manager.

If you remain dissatisfied you can ask a member of staff for the leaflet called "complaints, comments and compliments" which explains how to access the council's complaints procedure. These leaflets are available in all social work localities.

Alternatively you can contact the Care Inspectorate at:

Princes Gate, Castle Street, Hamilton, ML3 6BU

Tel: 0845 600 9527



Who do I contact if I still have questions?

If you require further information on Support at Home Services, please contact your local Social Work Office.

A to Z of services