I'm a student; can i get any extra help?

If you are a student and a parent, there may be extra help available for you. Some colleges and universities have childcare facilities, often nurseries, which give priority to students. There is a charge for these and they are often oversubscribed. You should ask whether your college might be prepared to fund a place elsewhere, some do. Your college nursery may only take your child whilst you are attending classes or studying at the college so you may need to find childcare outside the college as well.

If you are a parent, you may also get extra financial help through your college or university. Speaking to your college could point you in the right direction. The amount of help varies and is on a case-by-case basis. For more information visit the Student Support website, by using the external links box at the right of your page.

A to Z of services