Valuation appeals

Information on appealing against your council tax banding

You may have the right of appeal against your council tax banding or rateable value. Such appeals are currently only possible in limited circumstances. Advice on whether or not you have such a right can be obtained from the Lanarkshire Assessor.

You may also appeal if you are aggrieved at our actions in calculating or collecting your council tax. This should be discussed in the first instance with staff at your local council tax office.

Payment should not be delayed pending the outcome of any appeal or enquiry.

Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any questions. For more information, see 'related pages', 'downloads' or 'other useful websites'.

A to Z of services