We have developed the short listed options from Stage 1 and assessed how each one performed against:
- the economic benefit
- the environment (benefits and impact)
- connecting residents to jobs and education (integration)
- supporting improvements to public transport (accessibility)
- improving safety for all road users
- how the walking, cycling and wheeling path fits with existing roads and paths
We assessed each option to see:
- how easy they are to build
- are they affordable
- are they value for money
For each option, we considered these important issues:
- the environment
It was clear from early in the process, that Options A and C should not be taken forward to the final assessment.
We then further developed the Option B route and considered four variations of different lengths to take forward.
Watch the video for more information on how we assessed the options.
(to watch the videos in full-screen mode, please click on the text at the top of the video)