Energy Efficient Scotland: Warmer Homes Scotland
A national scheme to help fuel-poor households across Scotland is available to private sector households (tenants or owner-occupiers) who are living in or at risk of living in fuel poverty and who meet the qualifying eligibility criteria. Warmworks Scotland.
The Citizen's Advice Scotland website offers advice if you're struggling to pay your energy bills.
Home Energy Scotland Loan
Funding up to £38,500 per home is available to owner-occupiers, with up to £15,000 available for a range of energy efficiency improvements and an additional £17,500 available for home renewables systems or connections to an approved district heating scheme powered by a renewable energy source.
Money Support Scotland – Debt Advice Campaign.
While inflation and rising fuel costs push up the cost of essentials, we know that for some groups there is a disproportionate financial impact, which can affect mental health, relationships and overall wellbeing. For help and advice on how to improve your financial circumstances visit Money Support Scotland.
- View the Money Support Scotland website - money.support.scot
- If you are concerned about energy prices or your supplier please visit Ofgem’s page for advice on switching.
- Help from Citizens Advice is available by visiting your nearest bureau to speak to somebody face-to-face or call 0845 450 0351.
- Get free, confidential, and independent debt advice from National Debtline on 0808 808 4000.
- Shelter can help with housing, call the free helpline for housing advice on 0808 800 4444.
Other sources of help
Information on energy efficiency measures and help available to Scottish homes which can deliver emission savings and help reduce fuel poverty:
- Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland: area-based schemes - gov.scot
- Home Energy Scotland loan - Home Energy Scotland
You can also find out more about our winter services.