- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves 8, costs approx £10 (£1.25 per portion)
- 1 kg minced beef
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 carton tomato passata
- 1 beef stock cube
Allergy disclaimer: Always check the label of each ingredient for allergen information.
- Peel and chop the onions and chop or crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan and slowly brown the onion over a gentle heat.
- Turn up the heat and add the mince.
- Add the other ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti and serve
The meat sauce is a great meal to freeze and once defrosted you just need to re-heat and make fresh spaghetti.