- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves 8, costs approx £3.50 (44p per portion)
- 1 knob butter
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 small onions, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 nests of noodles
- Seasoning, to taste
- Dash of soy sauce (optional)
Allergy disclaimer: Always check the label of each ingredient for allergen information.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pot and gently saute the onions and carrots for approx. 5 mins.
- Add in the garlic, chicken, stock and half of the parsley
- Bring to the boil and add the noodles.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook the noodles per packet instructions, then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a dash of soy sauce (optional) and add more parsley if desired.
Freeze the remainder in individual portions for another time.