- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 4-8 hours
- Serves 8 costs approx £2.50 (approx.31p per portion)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1.5l vegetable stock
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A dash of cream (optional)
Allergy disclaimer: Always check the label of each ingredient for allergen information.
- Add all the ingredients, except the cream, to the slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Blitz with a hand blender, check the seasoning, add in a little cream if you wish and stir through.
Freeze some in portions for another day, just defrost in the fridge overnight before reheating.