We operate a 'centre-led action network' model for our procurement activity.
- allows decentralised and collaborative procurement to operate within the framework of our objectives and governance arrangements
- supports our service needs and procuring service areas (PSAs) through flexible but controlled processes and systems for procurement
- promotes and encourages the sharing of procurement knowledge and expertise
- allows decisions to be taken within procuring service areas by those directly responsible for service delivery
The role of the procuring service areas (PSAs)
Our PSAs are responsible for:
- devolved contracting
- contract and supplier management
- procurement efficiencies
- business change
- supplier engagement
- engagement in and response to corporate procurement initiatives
The role of the Corporate Procurement Team (CPT)
Our CPT is not a central procurement unit but is responsible for coordinating strategic procurement activity.
It is a resource which leads on policy and strategy, acts as an interface with the national and sectoral Procurement Centres of Expertise (Procurement Scotland and Scotland Excel), lets corporate contracts and offers support for major projects whilst allowing PSAs to let service-specific contracts and to place orders locally within a clear corporate framework.
Our CPT also works closely with other local authorities through Scotland Excel and other Scottish public sector organisations through Procurement Scotland to develop joint procurement contracts and frameworks.