Information about changes facing businesses and consumers
Information for businesses
The UK has left the EU. There is now a transition period in relation to the EU, with new rules taking effect from 1st January 2021.
If you have not started preparing yet, you need to start now. To help you plan for the potential outcomes of leaving the EU, you can find the actions you may need to take tailored to your business by using the checker tool.
If you move goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland the trader support service will guide you through any changes due to the implementation of the Northern Ireland Protocol.
The following links are to information published by the Government which are directly related to Trading Standards legislation:
- Placing manufactured goods on the UK market after Brexit
- Product Safety and Metrology
- Product safety for businesses: A to Z of industry guidance
- Changes to design and trade mark law after Brexit
- Changes to trade mark law after Brexit
- Footwear labelling after Brexit
- IP and Brexit: the facts
- Starting to Import
- Textile labelling after Brexit
- Changes to requirements for tobacco and related products from 1 January 2021