Skip to main content

Garden boundary enquiry service

Providing guidance on garden boundaries

If you need clarification on garden boundaries (relating to council or ex-council properties), please contact your local housing office.

Requests from tenants for clarification on garden boundaries should include reasons for the request.

If any adjoining properties are sold, a check on the ground space will be made. If there is a dispute over the extent of the ground which has been sold, legal advice will be sought.

If there are no sold properties involved, residents of adjoining properties should be interviewed to try and establish an amicable division of ground. If no mutual agreement can be reached between both parties and the housing officer, the service manager shall decide on a fair division of ground.

We will investigate and visit, provide you with a written reply and enclose a copy of the plan. Where required, we can measure garden boundaries.

A written reply giving full reasons for the decision and enclosing a copy of the plan should be sent within 10 working days.

Page last updated:
26 Jul 2021

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback