Skip to main content

Sub-letting of tenancies

Applying to sub-let your home

As your landlord, you must tell us if you want to sublet any part of your home. Section 12(2) of the 2014 Act makes the following changes:

  • You must have been the tenant of the house throughout the 12 months immediately before you apply for written permission to sublet your home, or
  • If you were not the tenant throughout the whole of that period, the house must have been your only or principal home during those 12 months.The tenant must have told us that you were living there prior to the start of those 12 months.

Page last updated:
15 Aug 2022

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback