Skip to main content

Common Housing Register

We use a Common Housing Register (CHR) to maintain the waiting list for social rented housing in North Lanarkshire.

Social rented housing is housing that is provided by the council and Registered Social Landlords (RSL), also known as housing associations and co-operatives.

The North Lanarkshire Common Housing Register is a partnership between North Lanarkshire Council and the following RSLs:

  • Cairn Housing Association
  • Clyde Valley Housing Association
  • Forgewood Housing Co-operative
  • Garrion People’s Housing Co-operative
  • Lanarkshire Housing Association
  • Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association
  • West of Scotland Housing Association
  • Wishaw and District Housing, part of the Trust Group

The CHR lets you apply for social rented housing owned by any of the partner landlords by using just one application form. Information from your application form will go on a register, which each of the partner landlords can access. If they consider you for housing, they will award you a priority according to their own allocation policy.

Offers of housing will depend on:

  • the level of priority you have
  • your housing and support needs
  • the areas and the type of housing you want to be considered for
  • the type and sizes of housing becoming available to let

Seven of our partner landlords now also use the same allocation policy or pointing framework as we do, making the allocation process simpler to understand and meaning that an application to these partners only needs to be assessed once.

The partners who share an allocation policy or pointing framework are:

You can get housing advice from any of the CHR landlords or by contacting your local housing office.

This advice can include information on choosing an area, types of housing available, and housing size required.

Please find below a CHR application form. Send this form either by post or email to your local housing office.

Common Housing Register application form

Page last updated:
01 Dec 2021

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback