Skip to main content

Tenants home contents insurance

Home contents insurance helps to protect the possessions that are valuable to you. No matter how careful you are, there's always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen. Home contents insurance can help provide you with peace of mind.

Your tenancy agreement doesn't include home contents insurance. It is a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for. This will help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

To help with this, we have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Great Lakes Insurance UK Ltd who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies.

This pay-as-you-go option offers you insurance for the contents of your home cover items including:

  • furniture
  • carpets
  • curtains
  • clothing
  • bedding
  • electrical items
  • jewellery
  • pictures
  • ornaments

How can I get more information?

If you wish to apply for home contents insurance please ask your local one-stop shop or housing office for an application pack which will provide information on the the insurance premiums.

If you wish to make a claim against your policy you can do this through the claims portal below or alternatively, you can call 0345 060 0030.

The home insurance policy document can be found below. Limits and exclusions apply.

Home contents insurance policy document

Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Their Data Protection Privacy Policy Is online.

Page last updated:
03 Apr 2024

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback