Placing requests

You have the right to make a placing request for your child to be educated in a school other than the local school

In December each year, we will advertise our arrangements for placing requests.

There are sound educational reasons for trying to ensure that the transfer or admission of a school takes place at the start of a school session. Other than those who are moving home to a new area, parents are advised to time any placing requests so that they take effect from the beginning of the new school session.

Every effort will be made to try and meet parental wishes, but you should note that it is not always possible to grant every placing request to a particular school.

Once a pupil has reached the school leaving age the pupil not the pupil's parents may choose which school to go to. If the pupil wants to change schools, then he or she should complete a pdf icon Placing Request Form [2Mb].

Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any questions. For more information, see 'related pages', 'downloads' or 'other useful websites'.

A to Z of services