We are creating a new park is in the centre of the former Ravenscraig steelworks site.
Work continues on Ravenscraig Park
We are continuing to create the new public park working under changing restrictions and will provide an update on the dates when things will be done, as soon as we have them.
The park is in the centre of the former Ravenscraig steelworks site next to the Regional Sports Facility and is supported by the Scottish Government.
The park will provide new opportunities for:
- play and recreation
- sports and leisure for people of all ages
- families and communities to enjoy a high quality green environment
The planning application was approved in February 2019.
You can see the details of our proposals and view other information on this by using the reference number 18/01829/FUL on the online planning system.
What's happening now
Our main contractor, idverde Ltd, is creating the park by constructing the new paths and bringing in the soil needed for the grass, plants and trees to grow.
If you have any questions about what's happening on-site, please contact the contractor.
What's happening next
idverde Ltd will continue to work with local schools and the New College Lanarkshire to offer opportunities for involvement, education and training. We will post updates and stories on these throughout the project.
As works progress, we will provide details of opportunities to be involved in the Park. If you have not done so already, please sign up for updates.
What we have done
Thank you to all who have attended the various events below, and particularly to those who volunteered!
- VHE Construction PLC, prepared the ground for the new park
- in December 2019, along with idverde, we hosted a drop-in at Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility
- following Committee approval in May 2019, we appointed contractors to undertake the works
- we held a community workshop in April 2019. We now have a group of community members volunteering to be more involved in the Park
- in 2018 we held consultation events during October and November. The comments you gave on our proposals in person and through the website have been very valuable. These helped us shape our proposals before submitting the planning application
How work has progressed on the site
All of the aerial images have been provided by David Neilson, student at New College Lanarkshire.
22 October 2020 - Competition offers business start-up opportunities - Students win chance to run their own business
11 June 2019 - Conservation students visit Ravenscraig park site with VHE - Science students given access to the site.
7 June 2019 - First work starts on new public park - Plans for play areas, sensory garden, cycle and walking routes.
1 April 2019 - New public park to be created - Exciting development on Ravenscraig.
21 November 2018 - Public asked for views on new park - Consultation event and online survey.