Skip to main content

Licences for venison dealers

You need a licence to sell venison.

The sale of deer meat or venison is controlled by The Deer (Scotland) Act 1996.

In order to legally sell venison, you must hold a current venison dealer's licence.

How to apply

Please contact us if you require an application form to be emailed or posted to you.

Send the completed application form and a cheque for the appropriate fee (made out to North Lanarkshire Council) to:

North Lanarkshire Council
Regulatory Services & Waste Solutions
Business Regulation
Civic Centre, Windmillhill Street
Motherwell, ML1 1AB

Once we receive your completed form, an environmental health or food safety officer will contact you to discuss the application and to arrange for an inspection of your business premises.

Application fees

Our current fee for approval of a venison dealer's licence is detailed on our environmental health fees and charges page.

Notification to the Deer Commission (Scotland)

Details of all venison dealer's licences granted by scottish local authorities are notified to the Deer Commission (Scotland).

Page last updated:
18 Nov 2020

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback