Skip to main content

Permits and permissions

Apply or reapply for a permit/permission.

Application forms

If you want to apply for one of the permits or permissions below please contact us to ask for an application form:

  • Fireworks display dispensation
  • Hypnotism consent
  • Public charitable collection (central area)
  • Public charitable collection (north area 1)
  • Public charitable collection (north area 2)
  • Public charitable collection (south area)

Once you receive the application form please print off the form, fill it in and sign it before sending it to us at the address on the form.

There is no fee for any of these permits.

Please read any notes before you apply.

Public procession notification

Under the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, you do not need a permit or consent from us to organise a public procession.  However, we do have the power in some circumstances to stop or restrict a proposed public procession.

If you are organising a public procession, you need to let us know at least 28 days in advance. You must also read the Code of conduct for public processions.

Public procession notification form

You can notify us about a public procession by completing the form below and emailing it to

Page last updated:
26 Apr 2023

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback