To reporting a dangerous building:
- during office hours, email email@example.com
- outwith office hours, contact your local police or fire service
Our office hours are: 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 4.15pm on a Friday
Where we can, we will try to contact the building owner(s) and give them the chance to do the works needed to remove the danger. When this is not possible we may instruct a contractor to either do the work or secure the site to prevent access to and/or around the building. The costs of dealing with dangerous buildings will be recovered from the owner(s).
Where immediate action is not required, we may serve a Dangerous or Defective Buildings Notice on the owner(s). This notice requires the owner(s) to do the works needed remove the danger within a specified time period. If the time period specified is not met or the danger still exists, we will appoint a contractor to do the works needed to remove the danger. Again, all costs will be recovered from owner(s).
We can also give advice on the following topics:
- securing of a dangerous building against entry
- removal of parts of the building which are dangerous
- demolition of the whole building
- erection of temporary hoarding
You can search our register of dangerous and defective buildings to view building warrant notices.