You can search for building warrants and notices and request copy documents online.
Building warrant applications and notices
The information held on this register covers all North Lanarkshire applications and notices since 1 May 2005.
Copies of building warrant documents
If you don't find what you are looking for, or if the records you are interested are dated before 1 May 2005, you can ask us to carry out a search. We will do this when we get a completed request form and fee. Our fees are detailed within the form.
What you need to know before you apply for copy documents:
- We can only provide copy documents to an 'interested party' defined as the current owner, prospective owner, occupier or tenant.
- We aim to provide copy documents within two weeks, however, timescales may vary. In some instances providing copies may take longer.
- We may be unable to provide information on work more than 25 years old.
- Once retrieved, we can only hold records from our archives for a limited time before they are returned.
- If we carry out a search and can't provide copies, the fee paid is not refundable.
- The initial fee allows us to search and provide you with a copy of a single document or drawing, if these are available. An additional fee will be charged if you need copies of more than one document or drawing.
Subject to any copyright restrictions, copies of any documents contained in Part 2 of the building standards register may be obtained.
Part 1 of the register should contain details of any certificates from approved certifiers of design or construction submitted with warrants and completion certificates, any conditions relating to grants of warrants, any enforcement notices when issued, altered or withdrawn and any continuing requirements imposed by warrant.
Part 2 of the register should contain:
- copies of warrants and completion certificates, including certificates from approved certifiers of design and construction
- the principle drawings and specifications
- and other documents submitted by verifiers for registration in connection with particular projects
- any copies of energy performance certificates and any statement of sustainability (new buildings only)