We have now started to prepare the next Local Development Plan – North Lanarkshire Local Development Plan 2 (NLLDP2).
The LDP is an important document that sets out the policies and proposals for land use and development in North Lanarkshire. It will set out the future for development, for example, where new housing, business, and infrastructure will be located.
The timeline for its preparation is set out in the Draft Development Plan Scheme and Participation Statement, with adoption of NLLDP2 expected in 2027.
- Prepare Development Plan Scheme 2023
- Research and collate information for Evidence Report
- Publish Development Plan Scheme 2023 & Invitation to prepare Local Place Plans
- Publish Evidence Report and submit to Scottish Ministers
- Gate Check process & approval of Evidence Report
- Inform and prepare Proposed Plan
- Publish and consult on Proposed Plan
- Examination of Proposed Plan
- Adoption and publication of NLLDP2
Development Plan Scheme and Participation Statement
The first key stage in preparing NLLDP2 is the Development Plan Scheme and Participation Statement (DPS). This is an important communication tool setting out the programme for preparing and reviewing NLLDP2. The council has a statutory duty to prepare and publish a DPS annually. The Planning (Scotland) Act 2019 introduced a new requirement to consult with the public when preparing the DPS on what the content of the Participation Statement should be.
An updated Development Plan Scheme for 2023 is currently being prepared. The draft of the Participation Statement is now available for public consultation.
Keep up to date
To keep up to date on progress with NLLDP2 including key stages and consultation, as well as other aspects of our planning service, please sign up for email alerts.