Skip to main content

Contacting adult social care services

You can contact adult social care services using the link to the form found at the bottom of this page (green button).

Please use this form to contact us if you, or someone you are caring for, needs help with their care needs.

What happens next?

We may need to call you for more information once we process the form. We will then carry out an assessment of the individual’s needs. These could be support or services that will help the individual to live independently.

In order to complete the form, you will need to set up a mygovscot myaccount in the name of the individual being referred, if one does not already exist.

For other social work services, contact your local social work office.

Do you know someone who is being harmed?

If you think you know someone who is being harmed, or is at risk of being harmed, you must tell someone. Remember, the person being harmed may not be able to report it.

You can contact your local social work services, health professionals or the police. They will take your concerns seriously and work to make sure everyone is safe.

For urgent concerns

If you have urgent concerns, such as adult protection, call your local social work office. Outwith office hours, use the social work emergency service number 0800 121 4114.

If someone is in immediate danger, call 999.

How we will use your information

We use the information you give us to understand your health and social care needs and to find out how best to meet them. We may share relevant information about you with organisations involved in meeting your health or social care needs. We may also share your information with organisations that will be able to give advice, or information that can help you. We will not share your personal information with anyone else without your permission.

All of our data processing complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR.

For more detail about how we process your personal information, please see our privacy notice.

Using a shared or public device (computer or mobile device)

If you are using a public device, such as a library device, or a shared computer, please keep your account safe by ensuring you sign out of your account and shut down your browser when you have finished submitting the form.

Before you start

You need an online account to make this request. If you are not logged in you will be automatically redirected to the login screen.

Page last updated:
14 Feb 2024

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback