Services available to North Lanarkshire residents appearing in a Lanarkshire Court
South Lanarkshire Council provides court social work services on behalf of North Lanarkshire Council in the three Lanarkshire Courts: Airdrie, Hamilton and Lanark.
Court social work services undertake a range of tasks, including:
- Administration of all requests for Criminal Justice Social Work Reports.
- Providing information to sentencers on people appearing before the courts.
- Providing sentencers with information regarding home address suitability as a bail option.
- Providing sentencers the option of bail supervision to reduce the use of remand.
- Identifying individuals appearing at court who may be vulnerable and offering guidance and assistance where appropriate
- Liaising with justice social work services, healthcare, prisons and a wide variety of other agencies in relation to court business.