It's difficult to explain to someone how you are feeling, particularly if you're not good at opening up in the first place. You may feel worried about someone will react. But you'll be surprised. People are willing to listen.
There's lots of different types of support available but taking that initial step to talk to someone is the first move to feeling better.
- If you are feeling suicidal, phone the Samaritans on 116123 (free 24-hour service or visit www.samaritans.org) or Breathing Space on 0800 838587 (free to call between 6pm and 2am or visit www.breathingspace.scot) for self-help and management.
- If you are a young person, contact Childline on 0800 1111 or visit www.childline.org.uk.
- If you are a worried parent or carer contact your GP or contact SAMH's Well-Informed service on 0800 073 0918 or visit www.samh.org.uk
- Take a look at this video, prepared by the partnership: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKVpzwxUZGc
- Download the SP NLC app (search for SP NLC on the Google Play or Apple App store)
- Visit www.chooselife.net for an understanding of Scotland's strategy.
- Visit www.papyrus-uk.org if you are a young person with suicidal thoughts.