The LDP is supported by funding allocated for each of the nine community board areas to provide community-led local projects.
These projects are developed as a response to the local needs such as heritage features, entrance features, play areas, additional off-street parking, and a variety of other community led projects.
The LDP is managed by the Community Partnership Team and supports community groups in proposing projects across the nine community board areas:
- Northern Corridor
- Kilsyth and Villages
Criteria for LDP projects:
- Link to Local Outcome Improvement Plan priorities.
- Be publicly visible and accessible.
- Come from community groups or individual.
- Improve community safety.
- Benefit many people.
- Improve the appearance of an area.
- Maximise the use of alternative sources of funding.
- Be a capital project on council-owned land.
Who can propose LDP projects:
- LDP proposals are open to the entire community. Proposals are welcomed from local community groups and elected members who can demonstrate local community support for the project being proposed.
- The feasibility of potential proposals is determined before seeking approval and being reported to community boards or council committee to drive project efficiency.
How projects are approved:
- As LDP is council money, the spend is reported and approved through the Communities Committee.
- Community boards can contribute to the prioritisation of projects and play an important role is project development at a local level
How projects are developed:
- Initial project ideas from local communities that are raised at a community board or received as enquiries via community matters are passed to the Community Partnership Team local officers to support development in partnership with the community.
- A proposal form is completed in partnership with the community that outlines the project, the local need, links to the LOIP and the consultation that can provide evidence for this. Once this is complete, feasibility can be checked.
If you have an idea for a LDP project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will contact you to discuss your ideas further.