To realise our ambitions, we are carrying out a phased approach to deliver a full range of interconnected property, community asset and infrastructure investments to ensure we deliver on our shared ambition for inclusive growth and prosperity for the people and communities of North Lanarkshire.
There are four project objectives, as follows.
The project must:
- Through the scale and extent of interconnected activities delivered, secure significant additional value that feeds into the wider economic growth ambitions. For example, in areas such as inward investment to improve the North Lanarkshire infrastructure, employability, carbon neutral infrastructure and the use and advantage of emerging technologies such as digital and energy.
- Bring together aspects of infrastructure ‘place shaping’, from investment, professional services (such as design, and technical services), through to construction, for example new housing, schools, roads, town centres and associated backbone infrastructure (land feasibilities, energy).
- Bring together comprehensive asset maintenance and lifecycle management, for example property repairs, roads repairs.
- Link all related service activities and contracts together to enable strategic development, interconnected end-to-end delivery and programming of investment priorities such as the delivery of new facilities, regeneration, and development as well as deliver benefits of sustainable assets through the servicing of existing, regeneration and new development assets.
As part of the Enterprise Project, we have published Contract Notices for the following requirements and are currently progressing with live procurements for:
- Housing and Corporate Maintenance and Investment Services
- Roads and Infrastructure Maintenance and Improvement Services
We estimate the award of the contracts in June and December 2023 respectively. Other contract opportunities will be published in due course.