Skip to main content

Insurance claims

If you have suffered damage to your personal belongings or personal injury and feel it was our fault, you can make a claim.

Insurance claim form

To make a claim, please complete and return a Third Party Insurance Claim form.

To request a copy email

We will send you the form within two working days of receiving your request.

For your claim to be successful, you must show that the damage/injury was the fault of the council or council employees. There is no time limit in dealing with this type of claim, since the council must fully investigate your claim to find out whether they have been at fault.

If you have home contents, buildings or motor insurance that would cover this loss, we recommend that you make a claim on this policy first. You will not need to prove that anyone is at fault for the loss and it is also likely that your claim will be dealt with quickly. Your insurers may look to recover their costs from the council if they feel the council has been at fault.

We are not responsible for the actions or activities of any contractor or public utility company even if they are acting on our behalf. You must make these claims directly against the contractor or public utility company.

Page last updated:
30 Jan 2023

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback