The law on data protection is covered by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.
How we comply with data protection law
We must comply with data protection law in regards to any personal information we hold about you.
This means that:
- we will process information about you lawfully and fairly
- we will use your information for the purposes it was obtained
- we will not keep more information about you than necessary
- we will take steps to make sure that information about you is kept accurate and up to date
- we will not keep information about you for longer than necessary
- we will always try to make sure that personal information about you is kept securely
For further information on how we use your information and your legal rights in respect of your information please visit our privacy and cookies page.
For more information you can view our data protection policy and records retention schedule below.
Data Protection Policy
North Lanarkshire Council records retention schedule
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Please contact us to request an accessible format.