Skip to main content

Freedom of information

Contacting us

Please note - the mailbox is for requests under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004.

If you need a response about one of our other services, please visit that page and use the contact information or complete an online form.

We can only respond to Freedom of Information requests through this mailbox.

Your legal rights

You have the right to see information collected and held by us. This right is provided by the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004.

How to make a request

To make a request, please ask us in writing by email or post.  

Once we receive a request for information, we have 20 working days to supply you with your requested information or let you know why the information cannot be made available.

Certain information is exempt and cannot be provided. If information you have requested is exempt, we will explain why and advise you of your right to appeal.

Before making a request

Before you make a new request, please use our website's search tool to find out if we've already made the information available.

Our publication scheme

Under The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we must produce and maintain a publication scheme. This document will tell you: 

  • what information we make available
  • how to view the information and if there is a fee

We have used the Model Publication Scheme produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner and also produced a Freedom of Information guide about this scheme which can be viewed below.

FOI Guide to Information - Model Publication Scheme

Contact us

Freedom of Information
Legal and Democratic Solutions
Civic Centre
Windmillhill Street
Motherwell ML1 1AB

Page last updated:
16 Aug 2022

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback