Latest service updates, advice for businesses, health information and support for parents
If your unwanted household items or furniture are too good for the bin, please visit the National Reuse Line or one of the projects below who will be happy to reuse or recycle it.
Furniture project contact details
- St Patrick Furniture Project (Shotts) 01501 821187
- Clann Sona 01698 265694
- RECAP Cumbernauld 01236 728872
Community groups and charities such as the British Heart Foundation, British Red Cross, Oxfam, Salvation Army or the local St Andrew's Hospice shops will readily accept, or sometimes collect, donations of unwanted household items and furniture in good condition.
Charities can also benefit from waste disposal and recycling services by either contacting the council to set up a regular refuse collection service or they can dispose of materials at our HWRCs providing they can provide the following:
- proof of residence of charity within the North Lanarkshire area
- certificate of charitable status
- proof of registration to the Professional Collectors and Transporters of Waste through the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) - this is a free service for charitable organisations
- provide details of vehicle registrations depositing waste at HWRCs
- pre-sort material into recycling streams and minimise amount going to general landfill skip
- book in at least 48 hours prior to arrival - 0345 1430015
More information on what community groups can recycle and where can be found on the Community Resources Network Scotland website.