Every household should present one general waste bin on the appropriate week for collection. If you present more than one general waste bin on collection day, only one will be collected by our crew.
Your bin should be presented at the kerbside by 7am on the morning of the collection with the lid closed. If you do not present your bin on the appropriate collection day, we will not return to collect it later.
You must report bin issues within seven days of the collection date.
Please do not:
- Overload the bin so that the lid will not close - this may prevent it from being emptied as it causes a safety risk for our crews.
- Force or compact waste into the bin as this can lead to waste remaining in the bin after being serviced - we will not return to empty this.
- Flatten cardboard boxes before placing them in the blue bin, to create more space and ensure the lid can close.
We do not collect any extra bags of rubbish placed at the side of the bin.
If any of your recycling bins are contaminated with the wrong materials, we will not collect the bin. Our crew will tag the bin to advise on why it has not been collected. You need to remove the wrong materials and present the bin on the next scheduled collection day for that bin.
Reporting using the online form
When you report an issue with your bin online you will be given the following options:
- new tenant - bin needs emptied
- bin damaged
- bin not delivered
- bin not emptied
(Please leave the bin at the kerbside. When we receive the request we will check vehicles CCTV footage and only return if the CCTV shows we have missed the bin)
- bin not returned properly
- issue with assisted collection
- spillage from vehicle
- wrong bin delivered
- bin missing
You must report bin issues within seven days of the collection date. We will not return outwith this timescale.
Thank you for your co-operation.