The sites are open seven days a week including some public holidays (closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day). The centres are only licensed to accept domestic household waste and cannot accept commercial waste.
If you are a business and need to dispose of commercial waste, you can find details of appropriately licensed sites online or consult a waste disposal directory.
Airdrie, Bellshill, Coatbridge, Cumbernauld and Netherton centres are open Mondays to Saturdays 7am to 6pm and Sundays 7am to 5.30pm.
Shotts is open Mondays to Saturdays 8am to 6pm and Sundays 8am to 5.30pm.
The last entry is ten minutes before closing time.
In order to improve recycling rates:
- Residents will be asked to assist in the recycling of material by placing each material in the appropriate designated skip or container.
- On arrival at the site you will be asked to confirm the material being disposed of is being generated at the address where you live by showing photographic ID containing your address supported by a utility bill.
For all visits
- Each household is limited to twelve visits per financial year (April to March).
- A maximum of three visits to the site will be permitted per day.
- Only single axle trailers, less than 1.8 metres in length are allowed on site.
- The contents of your van or trailer will be inspected by the site attendant to ensure it matches the list provided at the time of booking and the waste is not commercial.
- If the material is thought to be commercial or different from the list you provided at the time of booking, access to the site will be denied.
- If you intend to use a van or a single axle trailer to transport waste to the site, a booking system is in operation. Find out more about van or trailer access at recycling centres.
If you have experienced an issue on one of our sites, please complete an online form (below).