How to book and prepare your visit
Our six recycling centres are licensed for the use of our residents. We can't accept waste from a business at any of the sites.
Commercial vans, trailers, flatbeds or minibuses are not allowed into any site to dispose of commercial waste.
Business owners can find details of appropriately licensed sites online or should consult a waste disposal directory.
If you are a resident and intend to use a van, single axle trailer or minibus to dispose of household waste, you must book your visit in advance and provide information on the type of material you are disposing.
Booking a visit for a van or single-axle trailer
Residents with a van or single-axle trailer must book their visit in advance. Please call 0345 1430015 to book.
We do not accept curtain-side vehicles, minibuses, cage vehicles, box vans, luton vans or vehicles over 3.5t gross weight. We will provide you with a date and time slot then direct you to your nearest suitable site - Netherton, Shotts, Coatbridge or Cumbernauld Recycling Centres - to dispose of your material.
These recycling centres have the capacity and staffing levels to deal effectively with these types of vehicles, vans and/or trailers.
Please call 0345 1430015 to book your vehicle in.
What about a hired van?
If you are a resident and you are hiring a vehicle to dispose of your own waste then you must book your visit in advance and provide information on the type of material you are disposing.
You must bring the short term hire agreement, photographic iidentification and utility bill with matching address when you are disposing of the waste.
Please contact us to book your vehicle in.
What about my works van or if I own a van?
You will be asked to confirm the material being disposed of is being generated at the address where you live. You must also show photographic identification that you live at this address, supported by a utility bill.
For all visits:
- Each household is limited to 12 visits per financial year (April to March).
- A maximum of three visits to the site is allowed each day.
- Only single axle trailers less than 1.8 metres in length are allowed onsite.
- The contents of your van or trailer will be inspected by the site attendant to ensure it matches the list provided at the time of booking and the waste is not commercial.
- If the material is thought to be commercial or different from the list you provided at the time of booking, access to the site will be denied.
- When you book a van in, you will be given a time slot. If you are unable to attend your allocated slot time, please call to re-book.
- A fair-use policy will be in operation to prevent abuse of the sites.
- Last booking slot for vans will be 4.30pm Monday to Saturday and 4pm on Sunday.