Skip to main content

Temporary accommodation

Individuals and families can use temporary accommodation if they become homeless. It is a safe place where we will support you in deciding what you want to do next.

Supporting you

We can provide a range of support to help you including practical advice and information. The service is voluntary and you can stop using it at any time. We will support you and work with you to help you feel in control of your own life and your own decisions.

We have a lot of experience and information which we will use to help you find the right path. We will refer you to appropriate agencies if we are unable to answer your questions, or provide you with the help and support you need. We will also assist with access to GPs and health visitors.

Your children

You may be worried about taking your children away from their home to somewhere they don't know and the upset this may cause them. A lot of children come to temporary accommodation and we help them to cope with the ups and downs of their experience.

We will also work with you to sort out your child's schooling and help you to communicate with the school, including transport arrangements.

Contact details for temporary accommodation units in North Lanarkshire

  • 42-44 Thrushbush Quadrant
    Thrashbush, Airdrie, ML6 6RG
    Tel. (01236) 638699 Fax. (01236) 751275
    Payphone (01236) 766475
  • 15-63 Manse Avenue
    Coatbridge, ML5 5QF
    Tel. (01236) 638669 Fax. (01236) 434237
    Payphone (01236) 437859
  • 1 Airth Court
    Motherwell, ML1 3SH
    Tel. (01698) 403777 Fax. (01698) 260489
  • 21 Tarbolton Road
    Cumbernuald G67 2AJ
    Tel. (01236) 828132
  • Greenlaw House
    73A Greenlaw Avenue, Coltness
    Wishaw ML2 8QN
    Tel: 01698 302900

If you need help outwith working hours please contact our Out-of-hours support service.

Page last updated:
17 Feb 2022

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback