As a landlord, we have the responsibility to ensure that all gas appliances, piping and flues are maintained in a safe condition within our housing stock.
We carry out an annual gas service and safety check to all our domestic properties that have gas central heating. This legal duty is set out in the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
What to expect when an annual gas service is due
- We will write to you in advance to advise you of your first appointment date. It is important that you contact us when you receive this letter.
- The engineer will visit your property to carry out the gas service.
- If you have a pet, please make sure it is kept out of the way to allow the engineer to carry out this essential work.
- If the engineer can't gain access on the first occasion, a calling card will be left at the property advising of the second appointment date.
- If another appointment is required, contact should be made with our gas servicing service provider in the first instance on 01698 743647.
- If access is still not possible, we will contact you with a third appointment. Once arranged, you find that this appointment cannot be kept, email email@example.com
- If we repeatedly cannot access your home, we will use our legal right to make a forcible entry to carry out work. This is to ensure the safety of our tenants. We will write to beforehand with a fixed appointment.
Forced entry appointments are final and cannot be changed. Dogs and cats must be removed from the property if no-one is present at the time of the forced entry.
If we repeatedly cannot access your home, we will use our legal right to make a forcible entry to carry out work. This is to ensure the safety of our tenants. We will write to you beforehand with a fixed appointment.
Gas service audits
We have appointed a new auditing service provider, Morgan Lambert to assess the quality of works of recently completed gas service and maintenance works in our properties.
Auditors will select 50 properties every month based on recently competed gas safety inspections undertaken by Saltire. Tenants will be contacted by text or letter to arrange a suitable appointment for the inspection to be carried out.
To report routine and emergency repairs, please call Saltire on 0330 202 0444. Appliances owned by tenants are the tenants responsibility for repair and maintenance. Tenants will be required to ensure that they use a gas safe registered engineer.