Skip to main content

Power cuts and damaged electrical equipment

What to do if you have a power cut

Scottish Power is responsible for dealing with external electrical power emergencies in the North Lanarkshire area.

If you have a power cut, or if you notice Scottish Power equipment has been damaged or causes concern, you should call their 24-hour helpline on 0800 092 9290.

For more information, please visit the SPT Energy Networks website.

For electrical problems within your home:

  • Council tenants should report it as a housing repair.

  • Owner-occupiers can either contact Scottish Power or another electrical repair organisation.

Page last updated:
09 Sep 2020

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time, please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve.

Thank you for your feedback