Forms and permits

If you wish to carry out any of the activities listed below then you need permission from the local authority under the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984.

  • occupy temporarily part of the public road to place street furniture
  • deposit a builders skip
  • occupy temporarily part of the public road to deposit materials
  • erect a scaffold in connection with the construction, repair, maintenance, or demolition of buildings
  • excavate the road
  • site a crane and / or other mechanical or mobile lifting platform

North Lanarkshire Council in exercise of its duties may grant permission on receipt of the appropriate form(s).

How to apply

  • Download an application form
  • Contact us to request an application form by post

Find out more about our pdf icon current fees [196kb]. Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any questions. 

A to Z of services